Jenn and I were discussing the basics of electronics since I’m still figuring out how to wire up my new horns. We briefly discussed electrocution when I realized that I’ve never told my electrocution story here!
I decided to put a 120mm fan in the side of my computer case to aid in cooling. The case I had didn’t have a hole for said fan so I need to add one! My aunt had a 20-year-old handheld jig saw that would do that job just perfectly. Since this saw was so old, it didn’t have any sort of guard around the blade nor did it have any built-in fuses. I finished up the job just fine… I decided to disconnect the saw from the extension cord. I was holding the saw in my right hand and I grabbed the cable with my left hand. Using just my left hand, I tried to disconnect the cables. Well I touched the bare metal while it was still connected. My left hand immediately seized around the cable, clenching down on connected bare metal, my right hand seized and TURNED ON THE SAW. My aunt saw me shaking up and down uncontrollably, swinging the saw near my right leg. It lasted for about 3 seconds when finally the cable slipped out of my left hand. My short term memory was wiped as I didn’t remember what had happened the ten minutes previous and it took about 15 minutes for my internal systems to feel normal again.
I hope I haven’t jinxed myself for my upcoming automotive modification!