Hmm, didn’t take long to purchase what I needed:
- Wash: NXT Generation Purchased from Autopia
- Clay: Sonus Block Detailing Purchased from Autopia
- Cleaner: Klasse All-in-One Purchased from Autopia
- Wax: P21S Carnauba SEE BELOW
- Wax removal towel: Der Wunder Buffing Towel Purchased from Autopia
- Tire dressing: Good ol’ Armor All! To Be Purchased locally
I found out that P21S carnauba wax is also sold as S100 motorcycle wax. Same stuff, same jar, different name, half the price! I picked up the S100 from autogeek.net.
I’m not sure why I like auto detailing so much; it’s just so relaxing to me. Fire up the iPod on a clear day and get to work! It must be a combination of the relaxing work, a sense of accomplishment and the look of the car at the end!
Spring is coming and I’m running low on quite a few important car detailing supplies! Looks like I’ll be picking a few things up soon:
- Wash: NXT Generation
- Clay: Sonus Block Detailing
- Cleaner: Klasse All-in-One
- Wax: P21S Carnauba
- Wax removal towel: Der Wunder Buffing Towel
- Tire dressing: Good ol’ Armor All!
In case someone with an SVT Focus wants to rotate their own tires (and save $12), here is the vital info:
- OEM tires (ContiSportContact) are directional AND asymmetric
- Rotate OEM tires front to back only
- Lug nuts should be torqued to 94 lb-ft
2005 Lotus Elise – Automobile Magazine: This has to be one of the most humorous reviews I’ve read. It’s not “Oh my god, I’m going to pee my pants just after I stop crying” funny, but it has it’s moments:
“The cop hands me my first speeding ticket in nine years. I console myself with the thought that my streak was broken with a worthy car, something like getting an STD from a supermodel.”
“If I owned this car, I’d put in more aggressive cams and crank the idle up to about 2000 rpm, so it would play a frenetic staccato tune at all times. And I’d rip out the passenger seat and replace it with another fuel tank so you wouldn’t have to stop every ten minutes. And I’d airbrush a portrait of a ninja on the hood, but that’s, like, stage three.”
“The interior is mostly bare metal, there’s no power steering, and the radio is so bad that you expect Ashton Kutcher to run out from behind a bush and tell you that you’ve been Blau-Punk’d.”
…and from this day forth, it shall be known as Cayman.
iTunes for Windows is getting buggier and buggier. Other than the obvious visual artifacts you are seeing, iTunes occasionally just stops letting me minimize.
EverQuest II, Splinter Cell to introduce in-game ads – Feb. 18, 2005: “When players type ‘/pizza’, a new browser window opens, connecting to PizzaHut.com and allowing the player to place a delivery order. There’s no need to log out of the game and leave your fellow players in the lurch as they rush into battle.” No comment necessary.
Gizoogle – Fo all you beotches who wanna find shiznit: The translizzle text feature is pretty tight:
Let me explain W-H-to-tha-izzat has happened aww nah. Mark worked fo’ Microsoft fo’ ’bout 18 months . One, two three and to tha four. He came in as an SDET (developa trippin’ fo’ tiznest) n tizzy decided ta become a PM (program managa, like myself) in all flavas. He asked me fo’ a few playa n moved into a new position soon poser. I found out a couple months ago that he gots a job wit Google. I was shocked . Nigga get shut up or get wet up. Mizzark is a smart guy, but I didn’t think of him as Google material. He wasn’t even sure wizzy he was going ta do, but it was somewhat PM-related. I even wizzy ta his go’n-away lunch!
Civic Si Concept: Supposedly, Honda concepts are very close to their production counterparts. I could see this as a production model, with a few changes.:
- Tamer spoilers all around
- Less tint on the headlights
- No yellow tint on the fog lamps (maybe for JDM, not for USDM)
- Smaller, non-cross-drilled brakes
- Smaller wheels
- More wheel gap
- Center exhaust changed to side exhaust (no duals)
- Wing about the same size and height but changed from dual center mounting brackets to side brackets
- Manual fuel door
The things that matter (overall design, engine (K20) and transmission (6-speed)) should all remain. I like it. I won’t get one, but I like it.