« Home | It seems that my website isn't responding for some... » | It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin w... » | Motorola picks an operating system : "If Motorola ... » | So, the trip to New York City… my first time, ac... » | It looks like the second expansion for Neverwinter... » | Survey * General stuff... Full name: Michael Pau... » | Jeff and I have started an actual honest-to-goodne... » | In the past two days, I found out that a lot of pe... » | More pictures! Focus Damage 08.17.2003 Weber W... » | I think I'm going to adapt certain automobile term... »

The site seems to be operating at 100% efficiency again! I'm not exactly sure what caused the slowdown, but my suggestion to my website admin is what caused the latest problems (eg gallery was broken)! I noticed that the log files for apache were reaching sizes larger than 1.3 GB, so I suggested rotating the logs. When apache was restarted, it was mistakenly restarted in chroot mode (a security feature that we don't really need) and that broke just about everything. My home dir website was down, gallery was down, etc. Another quick email and things are back up again!