« Home | And I thought wasps were bad:Laura works at the Sc... » | Facts about poop. If you work in an office enviro... » | Can't view thumbnails in Windows 2000? Broken im... » | The things a boy will do for internet access: As ... » | "I can't belive this chipset isn't supported." "D... » | More quotes: <Setups> is it a forest fire? <Se... » | So true. Ever since I started working 7AM - 4PM, ... » | So I finally moved out of 214 N Thayer, Penthouse ... » | VH-1's list of the 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Ro... » | Here is a little perl script that I wrote for work... »

And I thought acid was bad:

Laura's older sister Carolyn was housesitting/catsitting for some friends these past two weeks. 15 days of this, which was supposed to end yesterday. Since the couple was supposed to be back last night, Carolyn went home. She got a phone call around 11 PM from the FIRE MARSHALL.

It seems that the dryer caught on fire and burned up half of the basement. They found her cell phone number on a note upstairs and called her. Luckily the fire caused a water pipe to rupture, helping quench the flames. She was okay, the cats were okay, no one was hurt. More luck for that family.